Roast Chicken with Two Lemons
How to Make Roast Chicken with Two Lemons
- Preheat oven to 350. Thoroughly wash the chicken.
- Let the bird stand on a slightly tilted plate for about 10 minutes so that all the water drains out.
- Dry all over. Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper; rub in the seasonings.
- Set the lemons on a counter and roll them back and forth, pressing with your palm.
- Puncture each lemons in at least 20 places. Place both lemons and garlic cloves in the cavity.
- n the cavity.
Seal the opening with toothpicks; close well, but don't make an airtight job of it because the chicken may burst.
- Run kitchen string from one leg to the other and tie it at the knuckle ends; the string serves only to keep the thighs from spreading apart and splitting the skin. Set the chicken breast down in a roasting pan.
- Place it in the upper third of the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Carefully turn the chicken over onto its back and cook for another 30 to 35 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 400 F and cook for additional 20 minutes. (Calculate between 20 and 25 minutes total cooking time per pound.) Spoon the juices over the chicken and serve. A perfect roast chicken.