- 3-5 lb chicken, washed and patted dry with paper towels
- 1 medium
- carrot, washed and peeled, cut off the very end.
- 1 medium
- stalk of celery, washed and tops and very bottom trimmed off
- 1 small
- onion, peeled, cut into 8ths (pieces somewhat separated)
- bay leaf
- 1/8-1/4 c
- minced garlic to rub on chicken
- olive oil to rub on chicken
- fresh or steamed vegetable garnish (optional)
How to Make Roast Chicken-Mmmnnn!
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Rub the washed and dried chicken with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
Insert the bay leaf, celery, onions and carrot into the bird.
- 3Cover with foil, shiny side in, and bake at 350F for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- 4Remove bay leaf, and serve on platter with desired garnish. I use a bed of fresh spinach around the chicken with broccoli,carrots (or carrot curls)and either grape or cherry tomatoes.
The estimated cook time includes about 10 minutes to prepare the chicken, and 10 minutes to do the vegetable garnish, so if you aren't doing a garnish it is even quicker.