Rice & Chicken or Pork Chop Bake
4porkchops (with or without bone)
·or pieces of chicken (whatever your family likes)
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup
·or cream of broccoli soup
1 can(s)2% milk
2 Tbspolive oil (whichever you prefer)
1 cwhite rice, brown rice or wild rice
How to Make Rice & Chicken or Pork Chop Bake
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Use a frying pan which can hold all the meat/rice/soup mixture and can later be placed in the oven.
- Use the olive oil to brown the 4 pieces of meat in your frying pan over a medium flame.
- When the meat is browned to your liking, remove the meat to a 'holding' plate and remove the pan from the heat.
- Gently blend the soup and the milk together in the pan.
- Slowly stir the rice into the soup/milk mixture.
- Evenly lay the meat portions into the rice/soup/milk mixture and don't worry if the meat appears to be sinking into the mix!
- Place the frying pan into the oven for approximately 45 minutes.
- This recipe is versatile as you can change around the meat, the kind of soup and the kind of rice. It can also be easily doubled - as long as your pan is big enough!