Rice a Roni Chicken Casserole by freda
Hope You like it also.
Hint to Save time.
Its actually really fast if You use a already cooked Chicken from the Deli instead of the Breasts. Either way it works.
I have also used Petite Frozen Peas sprinkled on top in place of the Green Onions with the Tomatoes.
This dish is Hot enough out of the Oven that the Petite peas are thawed out instantly.
- chicken breasts, boiled & diced or shredded
- 1 (7oz)
- pkg chicken flavored rice a roni
- green bell pepper
- 3 stks
- celery stalks
- 1 can
- (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
- 4 onces
- mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 lb
- mozzarella cheese, can use low fat
- 1 C
- chopped green onions
- 1 - 2
- diced roma tomatoes
How to Make Rice a Roni Chicken Casserole by freda
- 1cook Rice a Roni according to Pkg directions.
Chop bell pepper and celery small.
- 2bring your chicken to boil 15 min, or til done. cut into bite size pieces, or shredd. your choice.
- 3after rice is done; you add all the rest if the ingredients, **Except 1/2 of the Cheese**.
toss all together.
- 4Spray 9 X 13 casserole dish with pam cooking spray.
place mixture into casserole dish.
top with remaining cheese.
- 5bake 45 min @ 350 degrees.
Remove from oven, top with chopped green onions and diced tomatoes. serve while hot, with your favorite vegie or tossed salad.