"Rena's" Batter for Everything!
- one large egg
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- all purpose flour
- canola oil for frying
- 1/2 cup mayo,1/4 cup ketchup and fresh lemon juice for the dipping sauce
- chicken tenders, fish or veggies
How to Make "Rena's" Batter for Everything!
- 1In a bowl mix together, egg, half & half and mayo till smooth.
- 2I put salt and cayenne pepper on the chicken tenders. Pour some All purpose flour on a plate
- 3Dip chicken into egg mixture, then dredge in the flour until well coated. Fry in Canola Oil until golden and crispy and juices run clear, about ten minutes. I made a dipping sauce with 1/2 cup mayo, 1/4 cup katchup, and a generous squeeze of lemon juice, mix all and dip away! This is a perfect Batter for Chicken, Fish, Veggies, and My dip goes perfect with all. I think you could probably add parmesan cheese to the batter for an extra crunch when frying! Depending on the amount of Tenders or how many people you will be feeding, you might want to double the dipping sauce recipe.