- bacon drippings
- 1 lb
- polska kielbasa or smoked sausage
- 1 large
- green bell pepper
- 1 medium
- 1 can(s)
- diced or crushed tomatoes (14-16 oz)
- 1 c
- uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 Tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Red Rice Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Place bacon drippings into hot cast iron skillet, cut up polska kielbasa into bite size pieces and brown in skillet.
- 3Add chopped green bell pepper, chopped onion, rice, tomato, butter, salt & pepper.
- 4Cover skillet with lid or aluminum foil and place into preheated oven. Cook, undisturbed for 1 hour.
*If you do not have a cast iron skillet, you can brown sausage in ordinary skillet and transfer all things to a covered casserole dish.
*This is best served with sweet corn muffins on the side!