Ranch Chicken-Burger Sliders
This one however, is a "keeper and repeater" as my fiance has started calling my "mad experiments."
- 2 lb
- ground chicken breast
- 1 pkg
- dry ranch dressing
- 1/2 c
- grated carrot (about 1 large carrot)
- green onions, minced
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced fine or pressed through a garlic press
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- red bell pepper, diced very fine
- 1/2 c
- plain breadcrumbs
- 1 pkg
- hawaiian bread rolls or other small rolls
- sliced tomato
- sliced red or vidalia onion
- fire-roasted peppers
- sliced cucumber
- raw baby spinach leaves, washed
- lightly sauteed mushroms
- 1/2 slice of cheese
- low-fat ranch dressing
- avocado slices or guacamole
- low-fat sour cream
FOR THE BURGERS
BURGER TOPPINGS (ANY COMBINATION OF THESE, SOME OR ALL)
How to Make Ranch Chicken-Burger Sliders
- 1If previously frozen, make sure ground chicken has been thawed completely.
Prepare burger ingredients and set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl using clean or gloved hands, work with the ground chicken so it isn't in a chunk.
Add the package of ranch dressing and parsley and work it in thoroughly.
Add the carrot, onion, garlic and bell pepper and mix with your hands until it is well incorporated in the chicken, kind of like making meatloaf.
Add 1 egg and incorporate.
Add breadcrumbs and make sure everything gets completely "mashed" together.
Shape into small patties that are slightly larger than the buns you have (will shrink).
- 3On an outdoor grill over medium heat (lightly greased or covered with tin foil) cook approx 4-6 minute on each side or until done.
In a skillet or cast iron grill pan lightly greased with olive oil cook over medium heat 5-7 minutes a side, until done.
- 4Cut your rolls in half and set inside-down in a separate skillet (non greased) to gently heat.
- 5Set each roll with a burger and top with your favorite burger veggies and condiments, what I listed above are just suggestions of what we like.