Rachael Ray's Buffalo Chicken Potato Casserole
The hot sauce mellows out quite a bit while cooking, so if you like it a little bit more on the mild side (like I do) you shouldn't have a problem. Add more heat with a spicier hot sauce if you like.
I definitely would serve this with some green onion slices for garnish, and a side of celery and blue cheese dip,along with a nice green salad and crusty bread. Wouldn't that be "Yummo"? Lol!
- 5 Tbsp
- 5 Tbsp
- 1 3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard powder
- 1 c
- hot sauce (recommend: frank's)
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 large
- baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices (mandolin works great)
- 4 c
- pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 4 c
- rotisserie chicken, deboned
FOR THE BECHAMEL:
How to Make Rachael Ray's Buffalo Chicken Potato Casserole
- 1For the bechamel, heat a small saucepot over medium heat with butter. Whisk in flour and milk then add in dry mustard. Add in hot sauce and bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, and let thicken a few minutes until the sauce coats a spoon.
- 2In a casserole dish, spoon a thin layer of bechamel and layer with sliced potatoes. Cover with a third of the shredded chicken, a third of the cheese and top with a third of the bechamel. Repeat layers twice and top with remaining bechamel and cheese.
- 3Cover with foil and bake for one hour, then remove foil and let brown for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.