Quick Chicken Cacciatore
- 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- (8-oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp
- salt (divided)
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil (divided)
- 8 oz
- mushrooms (quartered)
- small onion, sliced
- 2 tsp
- chopped fresh rosemary (or 3/4 tsp. dried)
- 14 oz
- diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 3/4 c
- sliced jarred roasted red peppers (rinsed)
How to Make Quick Chicken Cacciatore
- 1Place flour in a shallow bowl. Cut each chicken breast in half on the diagonal to make 4 roughly equal portions; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour and transfer to a plate. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the flour.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate
- 3Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add mushrooms, onion, rosemary and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the vegetables with the reserved flour and cook, stirring, until coated. Add the tomatoes, broth, and roasted red peppers; bring to a lively simmer over medium-low heat.
- 4Return the chicken to the pan and continue cooking, stirring once or twice, until the liquid has thickened slightly and the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve the chicken with the sauce and garnish with rosemary, if desired.
- 5NOTE: I don't like olives, but you could add 1/4 cup quartered Kalamata olives with the red peppers and tomatoes if you like.