Quick and Easy Pork n Gravy with Rice
**NOTE: I use Marmite in the recipe, you can easily use a vegitable stock or bouillon as a substitute.
- pork steaks, cubed & keep the bones too. (note: can use chicken or beef too)
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, sliced thick
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 large
- bay leaf
- 3 large
- carrots, sliced thick
- 1-2 c
- 1 tsp
- marmite or 1 beef bouillon cube
- green pepper, diced
- 1 c
- 2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- coconut oil
- 6 medium
- portabelloi mushrooms, sliced.
- handfuls of thinly sliced green cabbage
How to Make Quick and Easy Pork n Gravy with Rice
- 1In a large saute pan, heat up your coconut oil and then add your pork cubes and the bone, onion, garlic, celery, mushrooms and green pepper. Browning the meat and making sure that the onions and celery start to turn translucent.
- 2Once the meat is browned and onions and celery are translucent, add water just to cover mixture, about 2 cups.
Add Marmite, carrots, cabbage and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cover for about 45 minutes.
- 3While mixture is simmering, cook your rice per package directions. 1 cup rice per 2 cups water.
- 4After 45 minutes pork mixture is ready to thicken into a gravy. Take your cornstarch and add about a half cup water mixing well so there are no lumps. Take pan off the heat adding the cornstarch water to the mixture. Replace pan on the heat and turn to medium heat and stir constantly until thickened. Remove promptly from heat, remove bay leaf and serve over rice!
- 5NOTE: You can switch up this same recipe using chicken breast and chicken broth, beef with beef broth or Marmite. I prefer to use the Marmite since it has a very rich and robust savory flavor. Also, if you dont want rice, this is just as good over egg noodles too.