Quick and Easy Chicken Stew
1/2 cbutter or margarine
1 smallonion, chopped
1/2 cheavy cream
1 1/4 cchicken broth
1 cfrozen peas and carrots, cooked per package directions
1/2 call purpose flour
2 ccubed cooked chicken
How to Make Quick and Easy Chicken Stew
- In a large pan or deep 12 inch skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add onion and stir until onion is done.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper and stir until mixture is bubbly, then remove from heat.
- Add milk, cream, and chicken broth. Return to heat, still medium high, and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir for one minute.
- Add cooked chicken and cooked peas and carrots. Sometimes I add a little parsley for color. You can add more salt and pepper after for taste to your liking.
- *NOTE* I like to use milk and cream in this recipe as the cream gives it a more rich flavor. You can use just milk, or milk and half and half if you'd prefer.