Quick and Easy Chicken Pot Pie
I am not big on cooking what I call boxed food but this really came out yummy!!
- 2 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in bite size pieces
- 4 c
- frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- tubs philadelphia savory garlic cooking creme (found near the cream cheese in stores)
- 2 pkg
- ready to use pie crusts
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced onion..... to taste
- melted butter to coat pie towards end of baking
How to Make Quick and Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 1Brown chicken in a non stick skillet, season with salt, pepper, minced onion, and garlic powder. Cook all the way thru.
- 2Add veggies and cook about 2 minutes or until heated thru.
- 3Stir in cooking creme. Making sure all chicken and veggies are coated.
- 4Spoon into bottom crust or baking dish. Add top crust and pinch edges to seal. slit top to vent. Repeat for second pie.
- 5Place pies on baking sheet. bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 6Now here's the secret to making that crust taste homemade instead of store bought.
During last ten minutes of baking remove from oven and baste crust all the way to edges with melted butter and sprinkle with minced onion. Return to oven for final ten minutes. Remove and let cool before cutting.
(I love onion, but if you are not partial to it you can coat the crust with garlic or parmesian cheese)