Pulled BBQ Chicken
3 lbfrozen chicken breasts
·fresh ground pepper
6cloves fresh garlic
1 bottledark beer
2/3 cdark maple syrup, divided
1-2 bottleprepared bbq sauce
How to Make Pulled BBQ Chicken
- Lay chicken breasts in a baking pan. Sprinkle with cumin, garlic powder, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper to taste. Drizzle 1/4 cup maple syrup over breasts. Cover with foil and put in fridge overnight.
- Transfer breasts and leftover seasoning to a large crock pot. Pour beer over the chicken, then crush the garlic cloves over the crock pot (preferably with a garlic press). Add remaining maple syrup.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and allow to cool briefly. Discard excess juice.
- Shred the chicken into deep frying or saucepan. It should be tender enough to do this manually. Add BBQ sauce and heat through on medium heat.
- Serve with buns or tortilla bread.