Pulled BBQ Chicken Sliders
- 1 large
- chicken breast, skinless and boneless
- salt and pepper
- onion, chopped into small diced pieces
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced or grated with zester
- 1/3 c
- bbq sauce (i make my own, but use what you like. i also like jack daniels original)
- 2 Tbsp
- apple cider vinegar
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- slider rolls
- 1 1/2 c
- favorite shredded cheese or you can use sliced cheese like pepper jack, monterey jack, american, cheddar
How to Make Pulled BBQ Chicken Sliders
- 1Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in a counter top electric skillet with the onion, garlic and just enough water to cover (about 1-1/2 cups). Add the barbecue sauce, vinegar and a few drops hot sauce and bring to a boil. Cover skillet, reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the sauce and shred with two forks.
- 2Add chicken back into the skillet and boil the sauce, skimming occasionally any fat, until reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Add any additional hot sauce, salt or pepper if needed.
Toast buns in the oven for a few minutes to become warm and a bit crunchy, place cheese on the bun, and spoon the mixture onto the rolls.
- 3Note: I make my own sauce that already has brown sugar in it, so I have not added in any here. You may want to add brown sugar to this depending on what bbq sauce you choose.