Puerto Rican Spaghetti with Chicken
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Impress the special folks in your life with this tasty crowd-pleaser. Equally colorful and flavorful, this hearty pasta dish is a welcome anytime treat. The Test Kitchen
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- large chicken drumstick and thighs
- salt & pepper
- red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- spanish onion, thinly sliced
- cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- tomatoes paste
- 28 (ounce) can crush tomatoes
- bay leaves
- 1 tsp
- crush red pepper
- 1/4 c
- chopped cilantro
- 1 lb
How to Make Puerto Rican Spaghetti with Chicken
- 1In large frying pan, pour olive oil in frying pan, allow oil to get hot, in the mean time season chicken with salt and pepper,flour the chicken and slowly lay chicken in oil to brown on each side.
- 2Slice red bell pepper, onion, garlic, saute in oil after chicken has been lifted, pour most of the oils out of the pan then saute vegetable until softened.
- 3Add chicken back to pan with tomatoes, tomatoes paste, bay leaves, crushed red pepper. Cover chicken for and cook for 45 min. on medium heat.
- 4In another pot cook spaghetti then serve chicken over spaghetti this works well with a nice salad.