★★★★★ 2 votes5
- thick boneless chicken breasts
- individually wrapped cheese sticks, any flavor-or, any herbed cream cheese
- 1 1/2 lb
- prosciutto or bacon sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- ground sage, or poultry seasoning
How to Make PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- 1Pre heat oven to 375
Slice Chicken Breasts Straight down the middle to open them like a butterfly.
Season the insides of the breasts with Salt, Pepper, Sage or Poultry Seasoning. (I like this addition, reminds me of the flavors in a Saltimbocca)
- 2Lay one Cheese stick or about an ounce dollop of herbed cream cheese in center of the chicken.
Roll chicken like a jelly roll
Wrap bacon, or prosciutto around the chicken to seal completely. If completely sealed, no need for toothpicks, if not, secure one toothpick if needed at the very seam.
- 3Place chicken seam side down in 13X9 glass baking dish.
Bake one hour until juices flow clear and the meat wrapping is nice and crispy on top.
The juices from this dish are especially good over pasta or rice!!!