Pretzel-Honey Roasted Peanut Chicken
How to Make Pretzel-Honey Roasted Peanut Chicken
- cut the breast off the bone, buy them already deboned or use any other pieces of chicken you desire. I did it with the breast. Divide into 4 pieces and pound each one lightly to about 1/4 inch. The idea is to have the pieces in a uniform size.
- Refrigerate the chicken until ready to use.
- Take a good two cups of pretzels and place in food processor, Add the peanuts and chop until they are a good breading consistency. Place half in a bowl. (add to the bowl as you need, but this way you can freeze left over breading without it being contaminated with the chicken)
- Place mustard and other ingredients in a bowl and mix. You could also use a jalepeno mustard or a chipotle mustard. It's up to you if you use the spice.
- Paint the side of each chicken piece and place in the breading, painted side down. Now paint the other side, and using a spoon, heap breading onto the top. When covered, press down and turn once and press again. With a spatula, place on a cookie sheet until all are done.
- Use about 2 TBSP's of canola oil in pan and heat to medium. Place the chicken pieces in, and brown carefully. Remove to a wire rack placed in a jelly roll pan and place in a 400 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until done.
- The reason I bake it off, is that the breading becomes wet on the bottom in the pan once the chicken juices start to extrude. This keeps the chicken off the bottom and keeps the breading nice and crispy