Pot roast Chicken
·split in bone skin on chicken breast
2 largecarrots peeled and cut into 1/4's
2celery stalks cut into 1/4's
1/2 largeonion 1/4ed
2 largepotatoes 1/4ed
1 cchicken broth
·basil, oregeno, salt, pepper,garlic
How to Make Pot roast Chicken
- in dutch oven or stock pot heat oil
- place chicken seasoned to your taste top side down in heated oil.
- on med heat sear chicken for 5 mins til skin is brown and crispy.
- Using tongs turn chicken and brown bottom side.
- pour sherry into pan to deglaze about 2 mins,then add broth, liquid SHOULD NOT cover the meat,liquid should come to just the bottom of meat.
- season the broth to suit your taste
- add the vegtables arranging around the chicken.
- add more liquid if needed
- cover pot and cook on low heat til vegtables are tender