1 1/2 lbskinless chicken thighs (6)
1 tspchopped fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
3/4 tspsalt, divided
1/4 tspfresh ground black pepper
2 tspcanola oil
1link portuguese chourico, sliced in rounds
1 conion, chopped
1/2 cred bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cuncooked arborio rice or 1 1/2 cups other medium grain rice
1/2 cdiced plum tomato
1 tspsweet paprika
1/4 tspsaffron thread, crushed
1 clovegarlic, minced
3 cchicken broth
3/4 lblarge shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 casparagus, cut diagonally
1/2 cfrozen peas, thawed
How to Make Portuguese Paella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle chicken with rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a large oven proof nonstick skillet or paella pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken from pan; cover and keep warm.
- Add chourice and cook until lightly browned;.
- Add onion and bell pepper; cook for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add rice, tomato, paprika, saffron and garlic; cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add broth and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; bring to boil.
- Wrap handle of pan with foil, cover pan;.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, asparagus, and peas.
- Cover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until shrimp are no longer translucent.