Poor tired man chicken
This recipe also works well on pork...
1/2finely diced sweet onion
1pot of coffee
1/4 csweetener (your choice: sugar, honey, karo syrup, brown sugar, fructos, splenda, even maple syrup!)
1full pot of cooked rice
2 lb(or more) of chicken (how many are you feeding?)
How to Make Poor tired man chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place chicken in a deep roasting pan (at least 2 1/2 inches)with a lid.
- cover the meat with: vanilla, cinnimon, molasses, sweetner, onion, finely diced tomato, and enough coffee to cover the meat.
- Cover and place in oven for two hours. (now's a good time to get your rice going)
- Remove meat from "sauce", let cool, de-bone and skin.
- Shred cooled meat with fork or fingers (if the meat is cooked well enough this should be easy)
- mix shredded meat back into "sauce" mixture, and re-heat over stovetop or in microwave.
- Serve over rice.