POOR MANS CRABS
I LOVE this recipe; it came from my husband who remembered eating this at a friend’s house many years ago and recreated his own version of it until he found perfection. This is a regular meal at our house.
What is great about this recipe is that you can alter the amount of the ingredients without messing up anything. If you like more onions, put in more onions.
This is about as easy as it gets!
How to Make POOR MANS CRABS
- Trim up the chicken then cut into medium size chunks
- Cut out bad spots of potatoes and cut them into medium size chunks. (You may leave the skin on)
- Chop onion into large chunks.
- In the bottom of your steamer, put a cup of distilled white vinegar and fill the rest with water.
- If you are using a double steamer place the chicken seasoned with Old Bay on the bottom. If you put it on the top it will drip onto your veggies. Also you do not need to season with as much Old Bay because some of the top steamer seasoning will drip down it.
- Place the onion, corn and potatoes on the top steamer. Season with Old Bay and butter.
- Steam until chicken is done and potatoes are soft. It is usually about an hour.
- Top off with more butter if desired or serve with melted butter on the side for dipping.