Pollo Al Chipotle
- boneless breasts of chicken
- 4-5 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp
- lime juice
- garlic salt
- cilantro, fresh
- medium, garlic cloves
- 1/4 c
- onion, chopped
- 1 pt
- heavy cream
- 7 oz
- can chiles chipotle en adobo, del monte makes this.
How to Make Pollo Al Chipotle
- 1Mix olive oil, lime juice, 1/4 c. cilantro, and garlic salt in bowl.
- 2Wash and pat dry chicken breasts, and place in zip lock. Pour mixture over chicken and marinate for AT LEAST an hour.
- 3While marinating; over medium heat in a skillet, char the garlic cloves and onion until they turn brown, frequently stirring, about 4-5 minutes.
- 4Remove from skillet and add to blender with cream and chipotle chiles. Liquify.
- 5After liquifying, add chopped cilantro, do not chop the cilantro too small, might taste bitter. Refrigerate if not using immediately. Heat gently before serving.
- 6Grill chicken to perfection. Depending on size of breasts, I usually grill them 6-7 minutes each side.
- 7Pour over chicken before serving.
**Hubby usually is grilling chicken while I am preparing the chipotle sauce.