Pistachio/Apple Chicken w/ Mushroom sauce
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 12 oz
- cream cheese
- 6 oz
- pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1/8 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1/8 c
- apple cider
- 1/2 c
- chicken stock
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped shallots, sauteed
- 1 medium
- macintosh apple,peeled and diced
- 1 lb
- fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Pistachio/Apple Chicken w/ Mushroom sauce
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Saute shallots in butter and set aside.
- 2Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of wax paper and pound until slightly flattened.
- 3Combine cream cheese,pistachio nuts, nutmeg, sauteed shallots and diced apple.
- 4Divide mixture evenly between chicken breasts. Roll, folding envelope style, and place in a lightly greased baking dish. (I use toothpicks to secure that the stuffing doesnt fall out)
- 5Lightly dust tops of chicken breasts with flour, salt and pepper.
- 6Add chicken broth and apple cider to baking dish.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until done, in 350 degree oven.Remove chicken from baking dish and keep warm.
- 7Stir the pan drippings,blending well. Add mushrooms to drippings and simmer 10 minutes. Add heavy cream and reduce by 2/3rds until thick and creamy.
- 8Spoon sauce over chicken breasts and serve.