Pistachio/Apple Chicken w/ Mushroom sauce
6chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
12 ozcream cheese
6 ozpistachio nuts, chopped
1/8 tspground nutmeg
1/8 capple cider
1/2 cchicken stock
2 Tbspchopped shallots, sauteed
1 mediummacintosh apple,peeled and diced
1 lbfresh mushrooms, quartered
1 cheavy cream
How to Make Pistachio/Apple Chicken w/ Mushroom sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Saute shallots in butter and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of wax paper and pound until slightly flattened.
- Combine cream cheese,pistachio nuts, nutmeg, sauteed shallots and diced apple.
- Divide mixture evenly between chicken breasts. Roll, folding envelope style, and place in a lightly greased baking dish. (I use toothpicks to secure that the stuffing doesnt fall out)
- Lightly dust tops of chicken breasts with flour, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth and apple cider to baking dish.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until done, in 350 degree oven.Remove chicken from baking dish and keep warm.
- Stir the pan drippings,blending well. Add mushrooms to drippings and simmer 10 minutes. Add heavy cream and reduce by 2/3rds until thick and creamy.
- Spoon sauce over chicken breasts and serve.