Pineapple Sweet and Sour Chicken (Easy and Delicious!)
Just FYI, the pineapple juice I use is a popular juice brand and it can be found in the canned/bottled fruit juice section of the store. It comes in a small case of six cans, each can is 6 fluid ounces, so I use one half of each can each time I prepare this dish.
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- chicken tenders, thawed
- 1/2 c
- 3 fluid ounces of pineapple juice
- 1/8 c
- 1/4 c
- white vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp
- salt (give or take, depending on personal preference)
How to Make Pineapple Sweet and Sour Chicken (Easy and Delicious!)
- 1To prepare the chicken: Place the raw chicken on a cutting board, one at a time, and cut them into 1 to 2 inch pieces (approximate).
- 2Place cut up chicken into a small mixing bowl. Pour the salt into the bowl with the chicken. Using your hands or a spoon, stir the raw chicken and salt together until the salt is well distributed.
- 3Add the flour. Using your hands, roll each peice of chicken in the flour until all the chicken is well coated with flour. Deep fry the chicken until thoroughly cooked and outside is golden.
- 4In another small mixing bowl, combine ketchup, pineapple juice, vinegar and sugar. Whisk until well mixed (about 30 seconds to 1 minute). The sauce will be thin.
- 5Heat a medium non-stick skillet on stove top. Keep heat between medium and low. Mix the fried chicken and sauce together in the skillet. Stir well, making sure that all the chicken is well covered in the sauce. Stir frequently.
- 6The longer the chicken and sauce cook together on the stove top, the more the sauce will thicken. Cook until the chicken is well heated through and through and appears to have absorbed a lot of sauce, and until the sauce thickens. This will usually take about 15 minutes. The sauce will also continue to thicken after the chicken and sauce have been removed from the heat. I never have to use anything else to make the sauce thicken. The sauce thickens very well.
- 7Enjoy plain or with steamed or fried rice and eggroles.