Pineapple Roasted Chicken
1whole pineapple peeled and edges trimmed so the pineapple can fit in the cavity of the chicken
1/4 csoy sauce
1/3 cbrown sugar
1/3 cpineapple juice
1 Tbspfresh ginger grated
·red pepper flakes
How to Make Pineapple Roasted Chicken
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the pineapple in the cavity of the chicken and set it upright on a beer can chicken frame and place into a baking dish.
- Pour a cup of water around the chicken. Mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, garlic and ginger in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and let it simmer 5 minutes to thicken a bit.
- Brush the chicken with the soy mixture. Preheat oven 425 degrees. Place the chicken in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Baste with remaining soy mixture. Pouring excess around chicken
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees. Roast another 45 minutes. Sprinkle red pepper flakes over the chicken. Let chicken sit for about 10 minutes before carving.
- Place the drippings in a saucepan and add 1 tsp. red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve the sauce over the chicken