Pierogi Pot Pie
- each mrs. t's mini pierogies
- cut up chicken or turkey (amount is up to you)
- 1 pkg
- 16 oz. frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 large
- jars of chicken or turkey gravy
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- chicken broth, as needed
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Pierogi Pot Pie
- 1Thaw the mini pierogies by leaving in the refrigerator overnite. You can thaw them in the microwave in the box by defrosting for 3 minutes per box. You can thaw the mixed vegetables as well or partially cook in the microwave. Set aside
- 2Combine your cut up/shredded chicken or turkey with the 2 jars of gravy, 1 can (undiluted) cream of chicken soup. Combine in large pot or Dutch oven. Cook on low, add mixed veggies. If the mixture is too thick, add chicken broth until the consistency is to your liking. Cook slowly stirring until the mixture is hot and the veggies are cooked.
- 3Add the thawed pierogies. Turn the heat low and let simmer. The gravy mixture will cook the pierogies. I let the mixture simmer for a good half hour. Serve when all is heated through.
- 4This can be done in the crock pot as well but cook on low but only for a few hours. Add the pierogies in the last 45 minutes/ You can add what ever amount of meat you wish as well as the pierogie amount. The important thing is that you have enough gravy and veggies to accommodate the meat and pierogi amounts.