Picnic Chicken Pies
These take a while to prepare but are well worth it!
Note about the chicken. If you sprinkle the chicken breasts with garlic salt and lemon pepper, then bake in foil, they are very flavorful and moist and great in this recipe or any chicken salad!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgfrozen puff pastry, thawed
4 largechicken breasts, boneless and skinless, thoroughly cooked.
1 large jar(s)pimentos
1 ccelery, chopped fine
1/2 conion, chopped
1 jar(s)chopped mushrooms (4 oz.)
1 Tbspcurry powder
1 csour cream
1 1/2 chot water
How to Make Picnic Chicken Pies
- Pour hot water over raisins and soak for 1 hour, then drain.
- Chop chicken breasts into small pieces.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until onion is translucent. Drain. Return to skillet.
- Add salt and curry powder to skillet. Mix well. Add mushrooms, pimentos, raisins,chicken and sour cream to skillet. Mix all ingredients well. Turn off heat.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Roll out one pastry sheet to a rectangle 12" x 16". Cut into 12 4"x4" squares. Beat egg and water together.
Put 1 or 2 tablespoons of meat mixture onto each square and fold along the diagonal to make a triangle. Seal the edges and brush with egg-water mixture. Slit tops to vent.
- Repeat with second pastry sheet.
Place pies on cookie sheets and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.