Picky Kids Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli
Of course theres a million variations of this recipe, some of them you cook the rice into the dish but I like this one better because the cheese is still saucy and not soaked up by the rice.
3 lbboneless chicken breasts
·salt, pepper, paprika
2 1/216 oz pkgs frozen broccoli florettes
2 can(s)cambells cheddar cheese soup or broccoli and cheese soup
2 largebags of boil-in-bag rice, cooked and drained
2 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Picky Kids Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli
- clean chicken, pat dry with paper towels. sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika
- microwave broccoli until its defrosted then spread in large, greasted baking dish. spread 1 cup of shredded cheddar over it.
- in large bowl, combine cheese soup and milk with whisk.
- pour half of cheese soup and milk mixture over broccoli.
- in hot frypan, fry chicken in oil until browned on both sides. you do not need to cook the chicken through, just brown it. If it sticks pour a few tablespoons of water in pan to unstick chicken. water will evaporate.
- arrange chicken pieces over the broccoli and pour remaining cheese soup mixture over the top.
- bake in oven at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes, then spread the rest of the shredded cheese over the top and cook another 15 minutes. Serve with rice.
- you can put the rice under the broccoli if you want when you bake it, but it will soak up all of the cheese sauce and be more casserole type dish. I still like it with rice, I just put it on the side so that the cheese is more noticable when you're eating the chicken and broccoli.