Picky Kids Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli
Of course theres a million variations of this recipe, some of them you cook the rice into the dish but I like this one better because the cheese is still saucy and not soaked up by the rice.
- 3 lb
- boneless chicken breasts
- salt, pepper, paprika
- 2 1/2
- 16 oz pkgs frozen broccoli florettes
- 2 can(s)
- cambells cheddar cheese soup or broccoli and cheese soup
- 2 can(s)
- 2 large
- bags of boil-in-bag rice, cooked and drained
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Picky Kids Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli
- 1clean chicken, pat dry with paper towels. sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika
- 2microwave broccoli until its defrosted then spread in large, greasted baking dish. spread 1 cup of shredded cheddar over it.
- 3in large bowl, combine cheese soup and milk with whisk.
- 4pour half of cheese soup and milk mixture over broccoli.
- 5in hot frypan, fry chicken in oil until browned on both sides. you do not need to cook the chicken through, just brown it. If it sticks pour a few tablespoons of water in pan to unstick chicken. water will evaporate.
- 6arrange chicken pieces over the broccoli and pour remaining cheese soup mixture over the top.
- 7bake in oven at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes, then spread the rest of the shredded cheese over the top and cook another 15 minutes. Serve with rice.
- 8you can put the rice under the broccoli if you want when you bake it, but it will soak up all of the cheese sauce and be more casserole type dish. I still like it with rice, I just put it on the side so that the cheese is more noticable when you're eating the chicken and broccoli.