Pick Your Poison Creamy Enchilada Casserole
4-6 cshredded turkey - chicken - beef - pork
1 can(s)14-16 oz green enchilada sauce
1 ptsour cream
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)low sodium chicken stock
10 ozshredded mexican cheese blend
1 Tbspgarlic powder
1 can(s)8oz chopped green chilis
1 pkgflour tortillas
How to Make Pick Your Poison Creamy Enchilada Casserole
- If you are starting out with raw meat, go ahead and boil it with some onion & salt, or your seasoning to taste. When cool, shred it. This recipe starts out with leftover meat. I used turkey.
- In large pot over low; add everything to the pot except for the sour cream, cheese and tortillas. Stir well.
- Let simmer until liquid is about 3/4 to half. It took me about 20 minutes. Take off heat and use a ladle full or two to pour on the bottom of your casserole dish to simply make the bottom wet. My dish measures apx 9x12x 3" deep.
- Preheat your oven to 350 - Mix the pint of sour cream into the chicken mixture.
- Cut your tortillas in wedges and line the bottom of your dish. Add 3-4 ladle fulls of the chicken mixture - then sprinkle with cheese. Repeat with more tortillas, chicken mixture, then cheese. Repeat until your dish is full. I was able to do 4 layers. Set aside about 1 to 2 cups of cheese for the very top.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil & make a few slits in the top. Bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from heat, remove the foil & add the remainder of the cheese, do not recover in foil. Put back into the oven for 10 minutes until bubbly. Remove from oven & let sit for an additional 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- We served ours with sweet corn & Spanish rice.
This was not too spicy for the kids..& next time I make it, I will come back & add photos!