Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breast
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 7oz. jar(s)
- pesto, i used buitoni, or make your own
- 3/4 Cup
- shredded italian cheese blend (or parmesan, provelone, romano, or whatever your family likes best)
- 1/4 Cup
- sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained and finely minced
- salt and lemon pepper
- 1/2 Cup
- pine nuts
How to Make Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 1Preheat oven to 375, spray large rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
Rinse your chicken breasts and place them between a sheet of foil on the bottom and plastic wrap on top. Using a meat mallet or a heavy flat pan, pound to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- 2Remove plastic wrap and sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and lemon pepper.
- 3In a med. bowl combine pesto, shredded cheese,sun dried tomatoes and pine nuts. Divide evenly and spread over chicken. Roll chicken up tightly and secure with a toothpick if necessary, seam side down. Sprinkle with a little extra cheese.
- 4Cover with foil and roast for about 15 mins. Remove foil and cook until slightly browned on top, approx 8-10 mins. Check for doneness but inserting a sharp knife tip and pressing to see if juices run clear. You can put the broiler on for a few mins. if you want the cheese to brown, but watch carefully and don't over cook.