★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 lbchicken breasts, boneless and skinless
6 ozpenne pasta
2 cspinach, fresh
4 Tbspparmesan cheese, grated
3 Tbspbasil, fresh chopped
2 Tbsppine nuts
3garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tspred pepper flakes
1 cyogurt, low-fat, plain
·vegetable cooking spray
How to Make Pesto 'N' Pasta Chicken
- Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, omitting any salt or fat.
- Drain well, set aside and keep warm.
- Combine the spinach and the next seven ingredients in the container of an electric blender or food processor.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the chicken and saute until browned; stir in the reserved spinach mixture.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until it is thoroughly heated and the chicken is tender (do not boil).
- Add the reserved past to the skillet.
- Toss gently.
- Serve immediately.