How to Make Pesto Chicken Rollatine
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness (if they are very thick, I butterfly them and then pound to make the process easier) Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of pesto on the surface of each breast. Top with one slice of prociutto and 1 tablespoon of grated mozzarella.
- Gently roll each chicken breast, making sure all filling is tucked inside. Secure with 2 pieces of kitchen twine (one at each end), or toothpicks.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium to medium high heat on range. Coat with olive oil and place rollatines in skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until slightly browned.
- Transfer to oven on midle rack and finish (around 5 minutes). Remove kitchen twine/toothpicks and serve.