Pepperoni Stuffed Chicken~Robynne
Update: I discovered that Basil Pesto is fantastic on these rolls. I don't know why I haven't tried it before. It is by far my favorite sauce for this recipe. Try it!
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 4 large
- pepperoni sausage slices or 8-10 small slices for each breast
- 4 slice
- monterey jack cheese
- garlic salt, to taste
- egg, beaten
- 3/4 c
- bread crumbs (i use 1/4 italian bread crumbs and 1/2 panko bread crumbs)
- 1/2 c
- 3/4 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp
- chopped parsley
How to Make Pepperoni Stuffed Chicken~Robynne
- 1Pound chicken breast to 1/2 inch thickness, being careful not to tear the meat. Sprinkle each breast with garlic salt. If you are using the marinara sauce, you would add your italian seasonings also.
- 2Place pepperoni and slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Roll up jelly-roll style. Secure with toothpicks.
- 3Dip each roll in egg, then into bread crumbs, coating thoroughly.
- 4Melt butter in large skillet over low to medium heat. Cook chicken 10-15 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown and tender.
- 5Prepare the mustard sauce by combining sour cream with parsley and mustard. Serve chicken with the sauce.