Hubby said I can make it anytime!
***I forgot to take a picture, but I will next time I make it.***
1 Tbspkosher salt
1 Tbspgarlic powder
1 Tbsponion powder
1 Tbspitalian seasoning
4chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
1jar of your favorite marinara sauce( or homemade)
·mozzarella cheese( i used slices, you can use shredded)
How to Make Pepperoni Chicken
Combine first 6 ingredients in a freezer bag.
Add chicken, squeeze out excess air, place in a container in the fridge. ( I prepped this before work, so it sat for about 10 hours.)
- Drain chicken from brine. Pat dry with paper towels to remove excess liquid.
- Cover bottom of a large skillet with the pepperoni slices, & cook on medium high heat until they start crisping on the edges & release some grease.( Do not drain grease.)
- Push pepperoni to the outside edges of the skillet.
- Add chicken, & brown on both sides until desired color. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Pour desired amount of marinara over the chicken & pepperoni. Cover.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, add cheese, replace cover to melt the cheese.
- Serve with pasta of choice, salad, & garlic bread.( I cooked spaghetti & tossed with the marinara & pepperoni to coat, then topped with chicken .) Enjoy!