PEPPERJACK CHICKEN BAKE
I originally used a can of Campbell's Southwest PepperJack Cheese Soup in the recipe, but had to replace it with the PepperJack cheese and evaporated milk. Campbell's stopped making that particular soup :-((
my online cookbook: tx-cherokee.tripod.com/index.html
★★★★★ 1 vote5
6boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tspblack pepper
1 call-purpose flour
4 Tbspolive oil
1 largetomato, quartered
1 conion, chunked
1 largejalapeno pepper, cut in half with seeds left in (see note below)
2 clovegarlic, cut in half
·leaves from 6 or 7 sprigs of cilantro
1/2 csour cream
1/3 cgood quality white wine
2 1/2 cshredded pepperjack cheese
1 cevaporated milk
How to Make PEPPERJACK CHICKEN BAKE
- Between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, pound each chicken breast to about 1/2 inch thickness.
Sprinkle with the 2 teaspoons of salt and the teaspoon of black pepper.
Dredge lightly in the flour.
In a large skillet, in the 4 tablespoons of olive oil, on a medium heat, sear the chicken breasts until lightly browned.
Place each breast, single layered, in a large baking dish or roasting pan (about 11 inch x 15 inch).
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, place the tomato, onions, jalapeno pepper, garlic, cilantro, the 1/4 tsp. of salt, sour cream, wine, shredded cheese, and milk.
Pulse until well blended.
Spoon mixture over the chicken breasts.
Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of hot noodles or steamed rice with slices of avocado on top.
- NOTE: If you don't like a lot of spicy heat, remove the seeds from the jalapeno pepper. My family loves the heat...lol..