Penne with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Chicken1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 csun dried tomatoes, dry packed
6 ozchicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1/4 cwhite wine, dry
1 Tbspitalian seasoning
3 Tbspshallots, chopped
1.25 cportabello mushrooms, chopped fresh
8 ozpenne pasta
5garlic cloves, minced
12 ozevaporated milk
tspred pepper flakes
1/2 cbasil, fresh chopped
1/4 tspsalt, optional
How to Make Penne with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl, add 1/2 cup boiling water and set the bowl aside for the tomatoes to reconstitute.
- Fill a large pot with water, and bring it to a boil.
- Combine the chicken and the wine in a shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the meat is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- Remove and shred the chicken, reserving the cooking juices.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and slice them thin.
- Pour the reserved cooking juices from the chicken into a saute pan.
- Add the shallot, mushrooms, peas and tomatoes.
- Saute over low heat for a few minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed and the vegetables are wilted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cover it to keep the vegetables warm.
- Add the penne to the boiling water in the large pot and cook over high heat to desired doneness, 8-12 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
- Preheat a small heavy saucepan for about 1 minute over medium heat, then spray it twice with the vegetable oil.
- Toss in the garlic and flour, then whisk in the evaporated milk.
- Add the nutmeg and red pepper flakes.
- Whisking constantly, bring the mixture to a boil and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Reduce heat to the lowest setting and stir in basil.
- Drain the cooked pasta and transfer to a warm serving bowl.
- Add the chicken, vegetables and sauce.
- Season with salt, if desired, and toss.
- Garnish with olive slices.