Penne with Chicken1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/3 lbchicken breasts, boneless
1.5 tspolive oil
1/2 cgreen onions, chopped
3garlic cloves, crushed
28 oztomatoes, canned italian style with juice
12basil leaves chopped
1 can(s)olives, drained
1/2 tspred pepper flakes
10 ozpenne pasta
3 ozmozzarella, diced
1 Tbspparsley, chopped
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Penne with Chicken
- Earlier in the day, add enough water to the skinned chicken to cover it.
- Poach chicken in simmering water (uncovered) until chicken is no longer pink.
- This will take about 8 minutes.
- Allow chicken to cool in poaching liquid.
- (I put it in the refrigerator rather than leave it at room temperature).
- Cooling it in the liquid makes it more tender.
- Later, remove chicken from poaching liquid and chop it into small or bite-size pieces.
- Save the poaching liquid to add to the water you're going to cook the pasta in.
- In large non-stick pan, cook the onion and garlic in heated olive oil until softened.
- Add hot pepper flakes and tomatoes and juice.
- Cook about 30 minutes over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Cook penne in poaching liquid with additional water as needed.
- Combine chicken with the sauce mixture in serving bowl.
- Add parsley and cheese.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and serve immediately.