Penne with Chicken1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/3 lb
- chicken breasts, boneless
- 1.5 tsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 c
- green onions, chopped
- garlic cloves, crushed
- 28 oz
- tomatoes, canned italian style with juice
- basil leaves chopped
- 1 can(s)
- olives, drained
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 10 oz
- penne pasta
- 3 oz
- mozzarella, diced
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley, chopped
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Penne with Chicken
- 1Earlier in the day, add enough water to the skinned chicken to cover it.
- 2Poach chicken in simmering water (uncovered) until chicken is no longer pink.
- 3This will take about 8 minutes.
- 4Allow chicken to cool in poaching liquid.
- 5(I put it in the refrigerator rather than leave it at room temperature).
- 6Cooling it in the liquid makes it more tender.
- 7Later, remove chicken from poaching liquid and chop it into small or bite-size pieces.
- 8Save the poaching liquid to add to the water you're going to cook the pasta in.
- 9In large non-stick pan, cook the onion and garlic in heated olive oil until softened.
- 10Add hot pepper flakes and tomatoes and juice.
- 11Cook about 30 minutes over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- 12Cook penne in poaching liquid with additional water as needed.
- 13Combine chicken with the sauce mixture in serving bowl.
- 14Add parsley and cheese.
- 15Sprinkle with parmesan and serve immediately.