★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 16 oz
- penne pasta cooked al dente
- 8 oz
- sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch
- asparagus, fresh
- 1 pkg
- fresh baby spinich
- alfredo sauce ( see my other recipes)
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (one per person)
How to Make Penne chicken vegetable alfredo
- 1This recipe requires Alfredo sauce which I have already posted the recipe for, please make this ahead of time.
- 2Pre-cook your chicken breast prior to cooking pasta when chicken breast are done you may cut into small pieces or strips
- 3Wash and dry all vegetables prior to cooking.
- 4Cut asparagus spears in to bite size pieces.
- 5In a large deep pan boil water for pasta ( this will also be your water to cook asparagus) When water is boiling take a metal strainer (if you have one) and lower the asparagus pieces in and cook for just five minutes. Take them out and drain and set aside.
- 6Using the same water cook your pasta until al dente .
- 7While pasta is cooking in a large skillet saute mushrooms and wilt spinach. Drain off an liquid and set aside.
- 8When pasta is done drain all excess liquids from it and return back to deep pan, combine all vegetables and chicken and sauce and mix well. (you may need to warm sauce prior to adding to the pasta.) Serve with garlic bread and a side salad for a complete meal.