Pecan Coconut Crusted Chicken
Mango Line Salsa is sooooooooooooo good with this! I will post my canning recipe for it (you don't have to can this you can make ahead and use it same day)
I am going to make these as popcorn chicken as well and stick a tooth pick in them for a baby shower this weekend think they will do great as an appetizer!
2 lbchicken breast cut into strips or chicken tenders
1 1/2 cpanko bread crumbs
1/2 cflaked sweetened coconut
·salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
·cooking oil for pan frying
How to Make Pecan Coconut Crusted Chicken
- grind pecans in food processor until they are like a course meal
- combine ground pecans, panko and coconut with salt and pepper to taste and mix well to make breading for chicken
- whisk 2 large eggs together and dredge chicken strips or tenders in egg and roll in pecan/coconut breading line on parchment paper covered baking sheet continue until all chicken is covered in breading.
- Heat enough oil in a large fry pan to cover half way up chicken when put into pan (about 1 1/2 to 2 inches) fry in small batches, don't over crowd the chicken or it will not get a good crust on it.
- remove from pan when done and drain on a wire rack or paper towels.
- I serve these with a homemade mango lime salsa i make and they are really good with it :)