- 1 can(s)
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes
- whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- links sweet italian sausage
- fresh green peppers
- fresh red peppers
- russet potatoes
- fresh cloves of garlic
- 2/3 c
- uncooked rice
- 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- tbs fresh lemon juice
- large onion
How to Make Peasant Chicken
- 1Quarter potatoes, onions, red and green peppers into large chunks. Place in the bottom of a large roaster pan.
- 2Add sausage links and 3 chopped garlic cloves.
- 3Pour canned tomatoes over all and add lemon juice, salt and pepper and cinnamon.
- 4Place chicken pieces on top and add remaining garlic on top of chicken.
- 5Place in 375 preheated degree oven and cook 45 minutes.
- 6The chicken on the top should be starting to brown a little and the juices increasing. Now pour in the rice and stir it into the bottom so that it begins to soak up the juices.
- 7Cook about 40 minutes more. Serve in bowls with some pieces of everything and offer crusty bread to dip into liquid in bowl.