1 can(s)28 ounces canned tomatoes
1whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
8links sweet italian sausage
2fresh green peppers
2fresh red peppers
6fresh cloves of garlic
2/3 cuncooked rice
2 tspground cinnamon
·salt and pepper
2tbs fresh lemon juice
How to Make Peasant Chicken
- Quarter potatoes, onions, red and green peppers into large chunks. Place in the bottom of a large roaster pan.
- Add sausage links and 3 chopped garlic cloves.
- Pour canned tomatoes over all and add lemon juice, salt and pepper and cinnamon.
- Place chicken pieces on top and add remaining garlic on top of chicken.
- Place in 375 preheated degree oven and cook 45 minutes.
- The chicken on the top should be starting to brown a little and the juices increasing. Now pour in the rice and stir it into the bottom so that it begins to soak up the juices.
- Cook about 40 minutes more. Serve in bowls with some pieces of everything and offer crusty bread to dip into liquid in bowl.