Fast & Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 - 32 oz
- carton chicken broth
- 1 - 10 3/4 oz
- can cream of chicken with herbs soup, undiluted
- 1 - 10 oz
- can cooked chicken, break up larger pieces
- 1 medium
- onion, diced, optional
- soup can of water
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make Fast & Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- 1Place above soup, broth and water in large 4 to 6 quart pan and stir to combine.
- 2Add chicken and diced onion, if using. Stir.
- 3Cook on top of stove at medium low setting until it comes to a low boil. Cook approximately another 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 4Add dumplings or noodles.
- 5I frequently make the Bisquick dumplings and that only takes about 20 minutes more to cook (follow directions on box for cooking dumplings).
- 6If you add diced onion, cook until translucent and then add the dumplings or noodles.
- 7If you are in a big hurry get 2 cans of cheap biscuits, cut each biscuit in fourths, drop them in broth and follow instructions above.
- 8For a change try Reames frozen egg noodles instead of the dumplings. Mom loves this over mashed potatoes. Really good comfort food.
- 9You can also use leftover baked chicken or leftover deli chicken instead of canned.
- 10Easily doubles or triples.