Fast & Easy Chicken and Dumplings
1 - 32 ozcarton chicken broth
1 - 10 3/4 ozcan cream of chicken with herbs soup, undiluted
1 - 10 ozcan cooked chicken, break up larger pieces
1 mediumonion, diced, optional
1/2soup can of water
1 tspblack pepper
How to Make Fast & Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- Place above soup, broth and water in large 4 to 6 quart pan and stir to combine.
- Add chicken and diced onion, if using. Stir.
- Cook on top of stove at medium low setting until it comes to a low boil. Cook approximately another 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add dumplings or noodles.
- I frequently make the Bisquick dumplings and that only takes about 20 minutes more to cook (follow directions on box for cooking dumplings).
- If you add diced onion, cook until translucent and then add the dumplings or noodles.
- If you are in a big hurry get 2 cans of cheap biscuits, cut each biscuit in fourths, drop them in broth and follow instructions above.
- For a change try Reames frozen egg noodles instead of the dumplings. Mom loves this over mashed potatoes. Really good comfort food.
- You can also use leftover baked chicken or leftover deli chicken instead of canned.
- Easily doubles or triples.