Pat's chicken/fruit salad
- 4 large
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 c
- seedless grapes( cut in halve
- 2 can(s)
- pineapple tidbits( drained and squeeze by hand to extract liquid
- 3 small
- cored/unpeeled Red Delicious apples) diced
- 1-11/2 c
- mayonaisse(NOT SALAD DRESSING!)
- chopped walnuts or pecans.
How to Make Pat's chicken/fruit salad
- 1Boil chicken with an onion and celery until cooked completely through. Remove chicken and set aside or refrigerate to cool.Dice chicken and add to large bowl.
- 2Add diced apples, well drained pineapple and grapes to bowl.Mix well.
- 3Add mayonnaise to moisten.Cover and refrigerate for 4 or more hours. Before serving stir and add more mayo if appears dry.
- 4I like to serve in individual scooped out cantaloupe or pineapple halves with a few sugared strawberries as decoration. If desired sprinkle with nuts just before serving so they remain crisp and not soggy.