Pasta with Chicken & Corn Salsa
(I make this at least 2 times a month, and change up the type of pasta I use.
Have never made it yet using the pork as they suggest tho).
- 2 tsp
- canola oil, divided
- medium onion, thinly sliced
- medium green pepper, cut in thin strips[(i used a yellow one first time i made this/what i had but it does need the flavour of the green!)
- 1&1/2 c
- frozen corn niblets
- 1&1/2 c
- "your choice" thick & chunky salsa; (i used the whole jar, was about 2 cups; select your fav/mild, medium or hot)
- 1 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts*, cut in thin strips; (i used boneless, skinless thighs & cut in 1-inch pieces)
How to Make Pasta with Chicken & Corn Salsa
- 1[Here is where I would start my water for pasta & get it going!
I used a thick real Italian-type Penne Ziti Rigate by Garofalo.
Quoting from the bag here...."La Pasta Di Gragnano presso Napoli".
Guessing it translates to something like "Number One Pasta served in Napoli"
It takes quite awhile to cook, so I've learned the "hard" way!..lolol]
- 2In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon canola oil over medium-high heat.
Add onion & green pepper & stir constantly, cooking for 3 minutes.
Add "frozen" corn & cook 3 minutes more, stirring constantly.
Remove from skillet/keep warm.
Add remaining canola oil to pan.
Add cut-up chicken pieces, stirring until chicken is no longer pink & juices run "clear"; about 3-5 minutes.
Add back in the mixture of Salsa & Vegetables.
Serve over Pasta!
- 3*Tips/Variations: Cut-up Lean Pork Loin can be used instead of chicken.
Whole wheat pasta may also be used for added nutrional value!