- pieces skinless chicken, washed and patted dry
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- 8 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 2 c
- flour (place in plastic bag)
- lemon, halved
- 2 c
- hot water
- chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 c
- sour cream
How to Make Paprika Chicken (Paprika Hendl)
- 1Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- 2Pour melted butter into shallow bowl. Dip chicken pieces in butter, coating well. Put 2 pieces of chicken
at a time in a plastic bag with flour. Close the bag, and shake it gently until chicken is coated with flour.
- 3Place chicken in greased baking pan and sprinkle with more paprika, salt, and pepper. Squeeze juice from
half a lemon over chicken, then bake at 400 F for 1 hour.
- 4Turn oven off. Put chicken pieces on ovenproof serving platter and return to oven to keep warm.
Pour drippings from baking pan into a saucepan and heat. Sprinkle 2 tbsp. flour from bag over drippings and stir until brown.
- 6Add hot water, bouillon cubes, a pinch of salt, pepper, paprika, sour cream, and juice from other lemon half. Stir until ingredients are blended. Serve with chicken.
- 7Preparation/cooking/baking time: 2 hours
Serves 4 to 6
*To reduce the fat content of this dish, substitute some or all of the sour cream with low-fat yogurt.