12pieces skinless chicken, washed and patted dry
·salt and pepper, to taste
·paprika, to taste
8 Tbspbutter, melted
2 cflour (place in plastic bag)
2 chot water
2chicken bouillon cubes
1 csour cream
How to Make Paprika Chicken (Paprika Hendl)
- Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Pour melted butter into shallow bowl. Dip chicken pieces in butter, coating well. Put 2 pieces of chicken
at a time in a plastic bag with flour. Close the bag, and shake it gently until chicken is coated with flour.
- Place chicken in greased baking pan and sprinkle with more paprika, salt, and pepper. Squeeze juice from
half a lemon over chicken, then bake at 400 F for 1 hour.
- Turn oven off. Put chicken pieces on ovenproof serving platter and return to oven to keep warm.
Pour drippings from baking pan into a saucepan and heat. Sprinkle 2 tbsp. flour from bag over drippings and stir until brown.
- Add hot water, bouillon cubes, a pinch of salt, pepper, paprika, sour cream, and juice from other lemon half. Stir until ingredients are blended. Serve with chicken.
- Preparation/cooking/baking time: 2 hours
Serves 4 to 6
*To reduce the fat content of this dish, substitute some or all of the sour cream with low-fat yogurt.