PAPRIKA CHICKEN & BLACK-EYED PEAS
Photo source: wholefoodsmarket.com
- skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- paprika, divided
- 2 tsp
- fine sea salt, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, divided
- 1 medium
- yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3/4 c
- low fat chicken broth
- 1 can(s)
- (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 pkg
- (16 oz.) frozen black-eyed peas, prepared according to package instructions
- 1/3 c
- plain greek yogurt
How to Make PAPRIKA CHICKEN & BLACK-EYED PEAS
- 1Season chicken all over with 1 Tbsp. paprika and 1 tsp. salt. Melt 1/2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add chicken breasts and cook, turning once, until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- 2Add onion and remaining 1/2 Tbsp. paprika to skillet, reduce heat to medium and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Whisk in broth scraping up any browned bits, increase heat to medium-high and boil until reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Whisk in tomatoes and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- 3Return chicken and its juices to skillet. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until cooked through, about 35 minutes. Meanwhile, smash peas with remaining 1 Tbsp. butter and 1/2 tsp. salt in a medium pot and heat over medium heat until hot throughout.
- 4Transfer peas to serving plate; remove chicken from sauce and arrange over peas. Whisk yogurt into sauce and simmer gently, uncovered, 5 minutes more. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.