Pan Roasted Chicken W Pineapple Chile Glaze
1 Tbspeach ground coriander and cumin
1 tspred pepper flakes
1whole chicken cut in half
·kosher salt and pepper
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1/2fresh pineapple sliced thin
2serrano chiles seeded and minced
4 clovegarlic minced
1 cpineapple juice
1/4 capple cider vinegar
1/4 cbrown sugar
2 smallseeded red chiles cut into thin circles for garnish
How to Make Pan Roasted Chicken W Pineapple Chile Glaze
- Preheat oven 425 degrees
Cut chicken in half starting at the breast.
Dry chicken well.
- Mix coriander, cumin, and red pepper flakes together
Season chicken with spice mixture pressing to adhere to skin.
Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Use a oven proof Pan. I used cast iron skillet.
Get pan hot and add the oil. Turn down to medium high heat.
Place chicken skin side down and cook until crisp about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Arrange the pineapple slices in bottom of pan. Place chicken on top of pineapple skin side up. Place in oven. Roast until internal temp reaches 165 degrees about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring serrano chiles, garlic, pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar and paprika to a boil reduce heat and cook until thickened and syrupy about 15 minutes. Taste and season with salt.
- When chicken is done brush with glaze and place back in oven for 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to cutting board and let rest 10 minutes. You can puree the pineapple or serve it as is with the chicken. Garnish with the red chile pepper rings.