Oven Roasted Rosemary Chicken
Angela (Grammy) Derby
4-5 lbwhole roasting chicken
1/8 colive oil, extra virgin
1/2onion, cut up
1/2celery stick, cut up
1 tspdried rosemary or 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped
1 tspgranulated garlic or 2-3 cloves fresh, minced
·salt and pepper
How to Make Oven Roasted Rosemary Chicken
- Heat oven to 350'F. Line bottom of roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Remove giblets, neck from chicken and cut off extra skin. Rinse chicken under faucet and dry with a paper towel. Place in foil lined pan and tuck wings back under the breast. (I tried, but I couldn't get mine to stay there...oh well.)
- Cut up onion, celery and lemon to fill the cavity.
- Melt butter and olive oil together in a small pan; add seasonings and stir well. Brush over all of the chicken and under wings, etc.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Remove foil and return to oven to bake an additional 30-40 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 180' and juices run clear.
- Remove and let set for 20 minutes before slicing.