Oven Roasted Rosemary Chicken
Angela (Grammy) Derby
- 4-5 lb
- whole roasting chicken
- 1/4 c
- 1/8 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- onion, cut up
- celery stick, cut up
- lemon, sliced
- 1 tsp
- dried rosemary or 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp
- granulated garlic or 2-3 cloves fresh, minced
- 1/4 tsp
- salt and pepper
How to Make Oven Roasted Rosemary Chicken
- 1Heat oven to 350'F. Line bottom of roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- 2Remove giblets, neck from chicken and cut off extra skin. Rinse chicken under faucet and dry with a paper towel. Place in foil lined pan and tuck wings back under the breast. (I tried, but I couldn't get mine to stay there...oh well.)
- 3Cut up onion, celery and lemon to fill the cavity.
- 4Melt butter and olive oil together in a small pan; add seasonings and stir well. Brush over all of the chicken and under wings, etc.
- 5Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Remove foil and return to oven to bake an additional 30-40 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 180' and juices run clear.
- 6Remove and let set for 20 minutes before slicing.