Oven-Fried Italian Chicken
- 3 - 4 lb. chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 bottle
- (16 oz) kraft zesty italian salad dressing
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 c
- self-rising flour
- 1/2 c
- self-rising cornmeal
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic salt
How to Make Oven-Fried Italian Chicken
- 1In a large, plastic zip-lock bag, mix salad dressing and garlic. Add chicken, seal the bag and turn it over seeveral times to coat the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2Heat the oven to 425 F. Spray a shallow baking sheet with the cooking spray.
- 3In another zip-lock bag, combine the breading ingredients and shake to combine well.
- 4Remove chicken pieces one at a time from marinade and place it into the breading bag. Coat the chicken piece with breading and shake off the access. Place the chicken, bone-side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Continue with all of the chicken pieces.
- 5Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the juice of the chicken is clear when cut into the thickest piece.