Oven-Fried Italian Chicken
13 - 4 lb. chicken, cut into pieces
1 bottle(16 oz) kraft zesty italian salad dressing
1 tspminced garlic
·butter-flavored cooking spray
1 cself-rising flour
1/2 cself-rising cornmeal
1 tspblack pepper
1/2 tspgarlic salt
How to Make Oven-Fried Italian Chicken
- In a large, plastic zip-lock bag, mix salad dressing and garlic. Add chicken, seal the bag and turn it over seeveral times to coat the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight, turning occasionally.
- Heat the oven to 425 F. Spray a shallow baking sheet with the cooking spray.
- In another zip-lock bag, combine the breading ingredients and shake to combine well.
- Remove chicken pieces one at a time from marinade and place it into the breading bag. Coat the chicken piece with breading and shake off the access. Place the chicken, bone-side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Continue with all of the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the juice of the chicken is clear when cut into the thickest piece.