This can be made vegetarian by excluding the chicken and replacing with beans.
You can also use canned chicken or a shredded rotisserie chicken.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped chicken
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup pace® picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
How to Make Oven-Fried Chimichangas
- 1Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. In a skillet, saute chopped chicken until browned. Slightly shred chicken. Set aside.
- 2Stir the picante sauce, cumin, oregano, chicken, cheese and onions in a medium bowl.
- 3Place about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Fold the opposite sides over the filling. Roll the tortillas up from the bottom and place them seam-side down on a baking sheet. Brush the tortilla rolls with butter.
- 4Bake at 400°F. for 25 minutes or until they're golden brown. Serve with additional picante sauce.