Our favorite Chicken An' Dumplins'
I don't measure so use your best guess. You really can't mess this up.
Good use for leftovers is chicken an dumplin' soup throw all the leftovers in a pot add more broth and heat...
- chicken breasts or the quantity needed
- seasoned flour for dredging
- oil for browning the chicken
- 2 can(s)
- 33% sodium free chicken stock or home made
- bisquik follow the directions for making dumplins
- carrots peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- medium onion cut into eighths
- as many green peas as you like if you don't like them leave them out
How to Make Our favorite Chicken An' Dumplins'
- 1Mix the flour with your favorite seasonings salt, pepper, a little sage Just season to your taste. If using a whole chicken clean it and cut it up into manageable pieces. Coat all the chicken with the seasoned flour.
- 2Heat your oil I am guessing here to 325 degrees just hot enough to brown the chicken not cook it. When all the chicken is browned remove most of the oil. If there is alot of flour in the oil remove as much of it as you can.
- 3Put your chicken back in the pan and add the carrots, and onion and chicken broth just to slightly cover. Cook until tender.
Mix up the bisquik (the batter should be on the dry side)and drop it by spoonfuls onto the chicken. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove the cover add the peas and cook until the dumplins' are cooked. To check stick a knife in the center of the largest dumplin. If the knife comes out clean they are done